Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome!





















My name is Candilyn and this is my life!

A friend once told me that doing improv is based off of real life. That life is improv itself, we don't know what we are going to face throughout the day when we wake up in the morning. We make it up as we go through life. This friend of mine went on to say "That improv is two things extraordinary people in ordinry events; like superman buying a Big Mac at McDonalds. Or it is ordinary people in extraordinary events; like a soccar mom having to rescue her son from spies."

Sometimes what we face in life is funny, sometimes it's far from funny but is serious and even at times our world ,and yes, even our hearts are broken with it. What I've learned is how us ordinary people handle the ordinary to the extraordinary events and days is what makes us extraordinary in the end of our story.

I wouldn't call my life extraordinary, nor would I call it one that is like the lives of many people, but it is mine and what I've come to accept and learn from.

This blog is beginning after some extraordinary events in my life. The first being one that happen back in 2008 when I was 20. I had the unfortunate event to play out before that ended up with me only having one parent alive.

I wouldn't say I lost my mom or she pasted away. I don't like those terms. The closest I could find is that her time was done here and she went home to heaven to watch over everyone in my family since we are all over The United States.

This even led to the better realtionship between my dad and I. For we have to depend on each other alot now. We had to when it first happen and also to be there for my little sister who was only six when this happen.

The next event was one that just end back in this July 2011. I returned for the difficult task of my church mission in the Roseville, California area.

It was difficult because I had to give up my time and self to the service of God to help people come closer to him and his only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior. It was difficult because you learn how to love people close to how God loves and feel the pain he does when people make mistakes that take them farther from him. On a mission it's where God can shape you into someone better and that is hard work.

Paraphrasing a quote I heard once from C.S Lewis is that each of us are this little cottage, nice, pleasent, good to live in. Then God comes and tells us he can make us into something better. He starts working on the inside, knocking down walls and fixing things. This renovating of us to become better hurts! We feel the pain of walls coming down, him expanding us. Then when God is done we look at ourselves and we have become mansions!

That was how my mission was for me. It was hard but such a great thing to go through and I think I bore my friend sometimes talking about my mission so much, but I love it! There I extended my family, my mission family. There I caught a glimpse of a better me.

Now those two event are done and this is my life AFTER those have happened and his is me AFTER they were done and was shaped by them and still being shaped day AFTER day.


PICTURE EXPLAINATIONS

The cameo-like picture is my favorite of my mom

the picture with the four girls is me (the blonde in the dark pink shirt) are me with some of my favorite girls (AKA- Sister Missionaries) I served around.

The last is me at the fare-well dinner of all of us who went home from our missions in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment