Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hello Sunshine!

I random experiance from my mission came to mind yesterday that I felt like I should post it on my blog.
When you first get out into the mission field your first teaching companion is called your "Trainer". She (for girls) will help become a better teacher, studier, show you how to talk to complete strangers, and whatever else you need to know. My trainer was Sister Kent and she is awesome! I love that girl!
Well, while I was still with Sistr Kent I recieved a backage from my dad that contained some new music for me. One CD was a musical band of three women called Mercy River. They sing religous songs on this CD and it was perfect for my mission. Sister Kent and I enjoyed listening to them. One particular song we liked (and has been a favorite among the sisters in my mission) was "Hello Sunshine".
The lyrics are can be found on www.mercyrivermusic.com/music/lyrics
It's a very cheerful song that talks about learning to look at the positive side instead of the negative. It was our pick-me-up song.
Well like in every mission you don't get to stay your your trainer for very long. Sister Kent got sent to a new area up north and I got my new companion Sister Lytle.
One day a few weeks into my time with Sister Lytle, Sister Kent came to mind and I felt I should send her a voicemail messege of the song "Hello Sunshine". So while in the car Sister Lytle and I played the song and I placed the phone next to the speaker and that was my voicemail messege to Sister Kent. After that I didn't think anything of that messege.
The next time I saw Sister Kent she told me that my timing in sending that voicemail messege was perfect. She recieved that messege at a perfect time. She as having a hard time and was struggling with a few things and when she heard my messege it helped her alot.
I know that the idea I got to send that song through voicemail to Kent was not a coincidence. The idea didn't come from me. And Sister Kent recieving that song when she needed was a small part of a great plan.
When at times we feel like we are alone. We never are the Man up stairs has our backs and he uses people around us to show us this.

No comments:

Post a Comment