Thursday, October 13, 2011

Early Morning

I've realized the older I get the more I like sleep. Before high school I remember many summers that I stayed up half the night either reading Harry Potter or some new book I discovered or at a sleepover with a friend where we would stay up half the night. Then I would sleep half the day away. Now after high school I feel it a waste of a day to sleep past 9am. Now after my mission it's just about impossible to sleep past 8am, if I am lucky to sleep till 9am. This is so because on my mission, missionaries have to get up at 6:30am and after doing that for a year and half my body is use to it.
Also after all these years I can't really function that well after 10pm. This puts late-night study sessions not an option. I tried, before my mission, doing homework past 10pm but that didn't prove to be a very effective thing to do.
Now this semester sleep is very important due to the fact that I have an very early class, ridiculously early class at 6:30am. Unfortunately the class is Spanish I. I have to go to bed no later than 10pm if I don't want to be exhausted throughout the day. I am surviving though and my Spanish grade isn't suffering from it being so early.
It is nice though being up this early, the world is kind of peaceful and the campus is almost empty. I also get a good breakfast every morning too! After Spanish I head over the the school cafeteria and eat a nice meal.
Today I got to see another reason to be up this early, a bonus I would say.




Coming out of my Spanish class and I saw this amazing sunrise! Now I understand what people meant when they said the sky was on fire! You don't see the sky looking like this by midday don't you?


This was something I wanted to share, a little tender mercy you could say from God. A little gift to those who don't have the luxury of sleeping in our cozy beds. We get to see God's work at it's finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment